Do you love helping people? Passionate about your community?
Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want a career where you get to work with great people, knowing that what you do makes a positive impact in your community?
Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin or sexual orientation in its hiring of employees or in any of the programs or activities which it operates.
Driver/ Furniture Mover
The Driver will work under the ReStore Manager and Associate Director, as a representative will always represent the mission of Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity with integrity treating donors, volunteers, staff, and customers respectfully at all times.
The work week is Tuesday-Saturday and pay range is $16-18.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Driving the ReStore trucks safely and picking up donated furniture
- Ability to drive a 24-foot box truck, no CDL Required
- Abide by all motor vehicle regulations and procedures, including maintaining a clean, safe truck
- The correct procedures for acceptance, display and sale of all donated furniture/housewares/construction materials will be adhered to at all times
- Maintain the warehouse, outdoor areas, and storage facilities in a safe and orderly manner
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and have a clean driving record
To apply, please send your resume to Gregg Wagner at email@example.com
Construction Manager Job Description Position Overview:
The Construction Manager supervises all day to day job related activities on our home repair project sites, while maintaining Northern Ocean Habitat For Humanity quality and safety standards.
They ensure delivery of all appropriate materials, tools, and safety equipment to the site.
Additionally, the Construction Manager leads staff and volunteers during construction, tracks progress, and maintains the planned work schedule.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assess new repair projects and submit a cost and time estimate.
- Work with the Construction Director to plan achievable construction and volunteer schedules. Keep the homeowners informed as to when their work is scheduled and any changes that may occur.
- Plan each phase of the repair project and coordinate material deliveries to the site in advance.
- Coordinate the scheduling of subcontractors with the CD.
- Train and supervise the volunteers to promote a safe, productive, and enjoyable work day.
- Ensure all NOHFH tools are properly distributed, collected, and stored each day. Remove damaged tools from service immediately.
- Keep work trucks clean and organized.
- Complete Habitat Competent Person Training Course
- Ensure the availability of drinking water, safety, and first aid supplies on the job site.
- Ensure staff, volunteers and subcontractors adhere to NOHFH dress code and safety policies.
- Hold daily safety discussions and address specific hazards related to work being performed that day, before starting.
- Notify the CD and Executive Director immediately of any worksite injuries or accidents.
- Notify the CD of any homeowner complaints and warranty work needed.
- Effectively communicate using email. Perform basic tasks on computer and mobile applications. Upload and share photos
- Provide labor as needed without compromising appropriate jobsite safety and supervision.
- Attend weekly construction, and monthly Homeowner Services Committee meetings
- Must be organized, self motivated, and able to think independently.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Must possess verbal communication skills and the ability to lead by example.
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs on a regular basis, work on ladders, and in varying weather conditions
- Minimum of five years of home repair and general construction experience.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
Work Scheduling Guidelines:
- The Construction Manager typically works 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, Tuesday-Saturday, with flexibility according to program needs. You may need to come in early or stay late if necessary, this is a managerial position.
- The typical volunteer work day is 9:00AM to 3:30 PM, with a half hour lunch break. We ask construction volunteers to commit to a full day. The schedule will be adjusted, according to program needs, at the discretion of the Construction Manager. In the interest of productivity, the work site should be prepped and ready when the volunteers arrive at 9:00 AM.
- The CM is not permitted to leave the job site unless a Certified Competent Person is present during his/her absence. Volunteers are requested not leave the job site during the work day. (All should bring lunch)
Salary: $58,500.00 – $60,500.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Weekend availability
All staff members must wear a mask when entering homes if requested by the homeowner.
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply, please send your resume to Bob Conway at
To apply for the Paid Social Media Summer Internship opportunity, please send your resume to Laura Wagner Paolillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Intern (2)
2 social media internships
15 hours per week for 10 weeks
Hybrid – mostly in-person
Anticipated Start Date
June 7, 2022
About Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity
Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity (NOHFH) is a New Jersey-based affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International that was founded in 1999. Through volunteerism, skilled labor, and donations of money and materials, the organization rehabilitates and builds safe houses alongside its homeowner/ partner families. Northern Ocean Habitat also operates the ReStore, a retail shop that generates funds through sales of donated goods and keeps materials out of landfills. The ReStore proceeds are to support new home builds and its Neighborhood Revitalization programs. The Neighborhood Revitalization initiative includes the Home Preservation, Housing Plus Aging in Place, A Brush with Kindness, and Veteran Repair programs. These programs provide home renovations and address health and/or safety issues, all with the goal of keeping residents in the comfort of their own homes. To date, we have completed 20 new homes, over 300 home repairs, and 60 Hurricane Sandy critical home repairs.
Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by the law.
The Social Media Intern will work closely with the ReStore and Marketing Department. They will gain experience in outreach, marketing efforts, creative design concepts, social media management, increased social media visibility, photography/videography, and copywriting. The following are the responsibilities of the position:
- Listing items for sale for the Northern Ocean Habitat’s ReStore Facebook Group page, responding to customer messages, and updating inventory sold (must be present at the ReStore location for the listing of items)
- Collaborate with staff to understand appropriate topics, issues, and events relevant to Northern Ocean Habitat to generate content for social media platforms
- Create a weekly / monthly social media calendar
- Create collateral on Canva for social media and the Habitat Happenings newsletter
- Use social media platforms to increase volunteer recruitment
- May be requested to go on a build site or fundraising event
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create relevant, original, high-quality content
- Strategies to build and nurture a community on an accelerated timeline
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing)
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Intuitively creative
- Strong interpersonal skills and resourceful
- Experience with social media marketing
- Marketing Major
Social Media Pages
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/northernoceanhabitat
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562929453997294
Instagram Handle: @northernoceanhabitat
ReStore Instagram: @nohfh_restore