The heart of Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity’s mission is volunteerism. Share your time, talents and gifts and make a difference in your community! All skill levels and interests are welcome. Whether you want to help with construction, home repair, the ReStore, non-profit management, events, fundraising or outreach, we have many opportunities for you to get involved.
Make a difference in your community & join a unique and rewarding team building opportunity
Help us to achieve our mission of building homes, communities and hope.
A volunteer opportunity for young people to get involved!
We need volunteers like you who want to make a difference and join a wonderful team at the ReStore.
Groups and Teams
Gather your friends, family, or coworkers and have fun making a difference in your community. Volunteering with Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity is a unique and rewarding team building opportunity. It brings your people together to work something tangible, a home or repair for a serving low-income family. By volunteering with NOHFH it’s not only building or repairing homes, it’s about building a community, too.
How it works
Our Groups and Teams are encouraged to make a donation to help support their home build or repair project.
If you are interested in partnering with NOHFH to sponsor or take part in a Team Habitat Build Day, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or (732) 818-9500 ext 101 to schedule your brief orientation.
- Our work day is from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. We require that all construction groups commit to a full day.
- Be advised Group sizes are best with 5 -15 people. This is so we can provide a quality and safe volunteer experience.
- To be on an active build site, construction volunteers must be 16 years old. Volunteers 16 or 17 years old will need to have an adult chaperone while on the site. One adult chaperone can be responsible for up to 5 youth volunteers, and adult chaperones may be at least 21 years old.
- You don’t need to know how to build – we will teach everything that you need to know.
I volunteer to be part of a team that helps attain monies for projects such as A Brush with Kindness and building homes for families in need.
- Nicolette, ReStore Volunteer
Volunteers with NOHFH are the backbone of our organization. By providing countless hours of help and support they are our superstars! Every individual that volunteers with Northern Ocean County Habitat helps us achieve our mission of building homes, communities and hope. All are welcome and we will teach you everything you need to know to build and repair homes and strengthen our community.
How it Works:
- We build Mondays through Saturdays
- Our construction day is 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- To be on an active build site, construction volunteers must be 16 years old. Volunteers who are 16 or 17 years old will need to have an adult chaperone while on the site. One adult chaperone can be responsible for up to 5 youth volunteers, and adult chaperones must be at least 21 years old.
I volunteer at NOHFH to reach out to those in my immediate community needing help in repairing/improving their quality of living conditions - meeting those same folks and working alongside phenomenal men and women doing so
- Arnie (volunteer)
Campus Chapters and youth opportunities
The NOHFH Campus Chapter program is a volunteer opportunity for high school and college students to work in a group and continue reaching goals for NOHFH, specifically through fundraising, leadership, educating others, volunteering and advocating for affordable firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the benefits to participating in a Campus Chapter?
- Build leadership skills and foster teamwork among diverse youth groups.
- Understanding why affordable housing is a necessity.
- Acquire real-world skills while satisfying your school’s community service requirements.
- Discover potential internship opportunities.
Start a NOHFH campus chapter:
To establish a campus chapter, all you have to do is:
- Speak with your school’s principal or vice principal.
- Implement an in-school promotional campaign.
- Find a faculty advisor.
- Elect two co-chairs, a secretary, and a treasurer.
Campus chapter requirements:
- 1. Schedule monthly meetings for your group.
- 2. Plan and coordinate fundraising events.
- 3. Volunteer on construction sites and in the ReStore.
- 4. Advocate for affordable housing.
Join our ReStore Team!
The Habitat ReStore depends on enthusiastic volunteers for everything from helping customers to arranging merchandise. Whether you enjoy interacting with the public or prefer working behind the scenes, chances are that we have a volunteer opportunity for you. Volunteers who make a weekly commitment are a crucial part of the ReStore team.
How it Works:
- Volunteer one day at a time to create your own schedule
- Shifts are typically 4 hours, Tuesday-Saturday 10am-2pm or 2pm-6pm
- Positions available are Sales Floor/Greeter, Cashier and Warehouse
I volunteer because working at the Habitat ReStore is fun!
- Ken, ReStore Volunteer