what is a restore?
Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore sells a variety of gently used merchandise such as sofas, dining room and bedroom sets, wall art, kitchen appliances, and more. With two truck deliveries per day, it’s the perfect place for bargain seekers and DIYers to shop! Join our online community to see our new arrivals proceeds Every purchase and every donation supports our mission to build and repair homes for those in need in our community.
Looking to donate furniture, appliances or household items? Fill out the contact form with details of your items and we will schedule your free pick-up!
With our constantly changing inventory, prices well below retail, frequent markdowns and one-of-a-kind items, you’re sure to find something you just can’t live without. Make sure to stop by often. If you miss a day, you just might miss a deal! Join our online community to shop and see our new arrivals. We post daily on facebook NOHFH/ReStore sharing photos of merchandise. Phone orders accepted.
Remodeling, cleaning out, downsizing or just getting organized? Consider donating your excess household goods and building materials to the Habitat ReStore. You’ll get the satisfaction of knowing your donations helped support local families – and didn’t end up in the landfill. And all of your donations are tax-deductible.
What can I donate?
- Appliances (8 years or younger)
- Bathroom and Plumbing items (new only)
- China closets (bottoms only if it has a solid top)
- China and dishware (sets only)
- Flat screen TV’s only
- Flooring, hardwood and tile (new in box only, 40sq ft minimum)
- Carpet and rugs
- Furniture (gently used, please call)
- Garden Items, tools
- Headboards if part of a full bedroom set
- Home Decor (tchotchkes, collectibles and glassware)
- Kitchen cabinets (gently used, please call)
- Kitchen essentials (pots, pans, small appliances, flatware, etc.)
- Lighting (chandeliers, porch, etc, must be clean and working)
- Lamps with shades, must be working
- Office furniture (photo required) Paint and stain
- Paint, new only
- Pictures, frames, paintings, mirrors with frames only
Items not accepted:
- Children’s items or toys
- China closets
- Entertainment Centers
- Faucets (used)
- Headboards (only with full bedroom sets)
- Linens of any kind
- Mattresses/box springs
- Pianos or organs
- Pesticides or fertilizers
- Used toilets
Drop off your items
You can drop off your items Tuesday-Friday 10am-4pm. Drop off location is behind the store. One of our team members will assist you and provide a tax-deductible receipt.
Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity ReStore Goods Donation Questionnaire
Please provide the details below and someone from the Northern Ocean Habitat for Humanity ReStore will contact you ASAP. We are also available Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM at (732) 818-9500 ext 112 if you have any questions.
The Habitat ReStore depends on enthusiastic volunteers for everything from helping customers to arranging merchandise. Whether you enjoy interacting with the public or prefer working behind the scenes, chances are that we have a volunteer opportunity for you.